- Theory put into practice — we teach skills to build inclusion — because lectures don’t work.
- Using the latest in adult-learning for both virtual and in person training, use highly interactive and engaging approaches to increase learning retention.
- Inclusive leadership skills are good leadership skills.
- Development efforts directly impact employee engagement and growth.
- All employees deserve the opportunity to bring their full selves to work — and their commitment and output are demonstrably greater when they are allowed to express their full selves.
- In an environment of psychological safety, we cultivate open mindsets for learning. We remove the personal threat and negative emotions that can come from blame for past biased decisions, since most people are not even aware of their bias. Our “reframe” methodology teaches participants to slow down their thinking to account for bias. They can then build a new personal narrative that supports better decision making.
- Without offering employees skill development, practice, and real opportunities to change their behaviors, research has demonstrated that unconscious bias training alone can be ineffective, and in some cases counter-productive. Our content is designed with this in mind — allowing the time, space, and accountability to move from awareness into action.
Inclusive Leadership Programs offer multiple synchronous sessions to build participants to help them harness the power of diversity into synergy.
Whether offered as stand-alone training or through a multi-session program, our training is designed to teach real-world skills that can be applied immediately for increased inclusion. Within a variety of format and training methods, we deliver impactful training on relevant topics.